Cauliflower & Spinach Gnocchi with Pesto, Ham & Peas
I bought the Cauliflower & Spinach Gnocchi from the frozen section in the grocery store.
The bold items should be ready prior to cooking since this meal comes together quickly.
To make it vegetarian, leave out the meat.
To make it vegan, leave out the meat and replace the butter with vegan butter.
- Olive Oil
- Shallot or Onion
- Garlic Clove
- Unsalted Butter (or butter of choice)
- Parmesan Cheese
Use any kind of Gnocchi that you prefer.
Boil water for Gnocchi but don’t add just yet; they cook really fast.
Chop a shallot (regular onion will also work).
Minced 1 clove of garlic.
Sauté shallot & garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil over med heat; season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Cook for a couple of minutes until onions start to soften.
Next, I added the following but you can add your own choices or nothing at all:
- Added leftover ham, chopped
- Added leftover peas
Sauté about 3-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, drop the Gnocchi in boiling water and cook according to package directions; when they float to the top, scoop out and drop into the pan (save the Gnocchi water for the time being).
Sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Zest and juice of a 1/2 lemon (you can use the entire lemon if you like it lemony and depending on how much you’re making)
- Pesto (I used about 1/4 cup but you can use more or less depending on the number of servings; this was for about 2 servings)
- Add a little of the Gnocchi water if you like it saucier
- You can serve it right from the pan or place in a bowl
Drizzle with a little olive oil, a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and flaky sea salt (optional).